Welcome to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s official blog! From amazing animal stories to a "behind the scenes" look at daily zoo life, this is the place to get to know
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo on a more personal level.
Check back often to get In Between the Spots!

November 23, 2009

Panama Travel Journal - Day 6 Continued

Past midnight, Day 6 –

Hope. “Hope For Animals and Their World”, is the phase I want to write. It is the title of the most recent Jane Goodall book that talks about the positive steps to conservation action done in recent years.

We just returned from our last night of collecting. Edgardo, Roberto and I returned to the stream we searched earlier today. We left camp around 9:00 pm and did not return until nearly midnight. Our goal was to see if our worst fear was true and the frogs were really gone.

We had a great night! We caught three Gastrotheca, the marsupial frog. I got one collection captured on video that I will post. A gorgeous female that Edgardo is very happy to have in his recue facility. We caught one limosus and a few others that were not on our list. Today was a defining moment for me. While my fears have not gone away, nor should they, I have Hope. Something I did not have earlier today.
-Bob Chastain

No comments: