Welcome to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s official blog! From amazing animal stories to a "behind the scenes" look at daily zoo life, this is the place to get to know
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo on a more personal level.
Check back often to get In Between the Spots!

November 29, 2009

Panama Travel Journal - Day 10

Day 10 – November 22, 2009

-By Bob Chastain

As we fly into Colorado Springs the earth looks positively brown and barren compared to the tropics. A place where last night was so warm I slept with not a single cover. Just laying on the sheets with a pillow. I love Colorado though. A place that is still as wild as the jungles of Panama. I also love our Zoo. A place where passion and imagination run wild. A place you helped to build. Built without government dollars; built on hard work and generosity of people like you. With your help we will fight this war and win some battles. The finish to the war is too far in the future, to vague to put a finger on…making the world a better place. Living thoughtfully with the work around us is something we never get to stop. Best of luck on your journey. I will miss the time we spent together through this blog and the memories you helped me keep alive.

Buenos Dias,
Bob

No comments: