![]() |
Meet Kayson Cooper a Summer Camp Counselor here at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo! |
Name: Kayson Cooper
Age: 20 Years Old
Hometown: Riverton, WY
Favorite Zoo Animal: Elephants, Apes
Career Aspirations: I would like to be involved with conservation education, especially teaching children about wildlife and how they preserve it.
What’s your favorite part of Cheyenne
Mountain Zoo (CMZ)? The beautiful scenery and natural exhibits.
What inspired you to become a camp
counselor here at CMZ? I love animals and enjoy teaching others about them, so this is a dream job.
What age kids are you working with? This summer, I have worked with kids from four to 15 years old.
What activities do you have planned for them throughout camp? The campers will be meeting animals up close, going on behind the scenes tours and hearing personalized keeper talks.
What has been your biggest obstacle to overcome being a camp counselor? The biggest obstacle has been trying to explain information in a way that young kids understand and the older kids are still entertained.
What is the benefit of being a camp counselor at CMZ? I get to see new things every day and I learn so much from the kids and my fellow counselors.
Do you have any Funny stories? I asked a group of four-and five-year-olds “What animals have scales?” They all immediately responded that giraffes have scales.
