Earth Day Green Crafts - Toothbrush Bracelets
Turn your toothbrush into a unique recycled bracelet and watch your kids start a new fashion craze for Earth Day!
What you'll need:
· Old toothbrush
· Tweezers or pliers
· Large mug
· Oven gloves
How to make it:
1. Remove all the bristles from the toothbrush with tweezers or pliers.
2. Boil water.
3. Keep water boiling, put toothbrush in water for five minutes.
4. Remove toothbrush with tongs, bend to desired shape.
5. If toothbrush doesn't bend enough, submerge again in water.
6. Remove brush and bend as much as possible.
7. Place bent toothbrush in bottom of mug to hold its shape while it cools.
8. Pour cold water in mug and remove your new bracelet.
1. This craft requires fishing the hot toothbrushes out of boiling water and bending them while they are still hot. Be sure to use a simple toothbrush for this, it seems the fancier, and more high tech the toothbrush the stronger, and more difficult to bend. We had luck with the classic REACH toothbrushes.