- 3 Coffee Filters
- Perforated Pan
- 1 Container Greek Yogurt (4 cups approximately)
- 2 TBSP. High Quality Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Juice and grated zest of lemon
- 1 TBSP. Chopped Thyme
- 2 TBSP. Chopped Mint
- Mix all ingredients together well in a bowl.
- Using coffee filters distribute the mixture evenly between three filters and twist the filter to form a "coin purse" shape. Tie off the coin purse at the top & place in a perforated pan.
- Place another pan on top of the "coin purse" & place both containers in another to catch the liquid as it drips. Let the mixture set for 24-48 hours. During this process the liquid in the yogurt will slowly drip out & start to clump together forming a delicious cheese.
Yields 3.5 cups Labna Cheese