A quick holiday breakdown: the New Year begins in 39 days and Christmas is in 32 days. Do you have your shopping done? And, Thanksgiving is followed by the one day of the year more people pay attention to the ads than we have animals in our zoo...Black Friday.
Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year. It’s estimated the amount of Black Friday shoppers will increase from 212 million last year to 224 million this year, spending an average of $385 per person. On-line sales are predicted to increase from $648 million in 2010 to $705 million this year.
But, these stats don’t help with the one person you don’t know what to get. Everyone knows a “person who has everything.” Not even the millions of ads, available 10 days before Black Friday, are helping with the gift ideas for this individual!
Don’t worry there’s no need to panic or run to Wal-Mart at 10:00pm on Thanksgiving Day. There is a solution right here in your own backyard. Just like Santa, we have been busy at the zoo (even the animals!) preparing gifts for this holiday season. Below is a list of our top five zoo gifts available today.
- Zoo membership - Enjoy the zoo 365 days a year, a gift shop discount, discounts on zoo events and much more. There are five membership levels from which to choose, starting at $64.25. A zoo membership can pay for itself in as little as two visits!
- Adopt-An-Animal – Have you always wanted to adopt an animal but just don’t have room for an elephant in your backyard? Each adoption gift directly supports the care of our animals, and with it comes a variety of special benefits only adoptive parents enjoy. There are six membership levels, starting at $30.
- Zoo Doo – You’re probably picturing something and you are right - - it is what you’re thinking, animal poop. From our yard to yours, Zoo Doo is made from our big cat feces and is sold by the point. Gardeners swear by this all natural, deer deterrent to protect their plants and trees.
- Animal Art – We do have some pretty impressive artists at the zoo and, no, they aren’t on the staff. They live here. Art is available from the orangutans, elephants, ponies, and penguins. Everything from an original masterpiece to a more trendy “paw” print is available.
- Behind-the-Scenes Tour – Go behind the scenes with a group of up to four friends or family members, for an up-close look at our incredible animals. Choose from our big cats to the animals in the African Rift Valley or design your own.
There are four ways to get your hands on one or more of these awesome gifts;
- Ask a zoo team member the next time you’re here to visit.
- Call 719-633-9925- Visit our zoo store – “Zoo to You Gallery.” The store is new this year and located at
December 3: 10am – 6pm
December 4: 12pm – 5pm
December 7: 4pm – 8pm
The holiday season is a time for giving, so why not purchase a gift that gives back to a great cause?